Reports To: CEO
Location: Maseru, Lesotho
Start date: 01 September 2019, or as soon as possible Contract type: 1 Year contract ( till August 2020) with possibility of renewal.
Limomonane Products Pty Ltd makes award- winning low sugar fruits preserves. We are committed to adding value to fruits and providing a healthier preserved alternative to customers. Our aim is to minimize food waste and protect the environment from green-house gases from food spoilage while at the same time ensuring good health and well-being and contributing towards food security.
Limomonane Products Pty Ltd seeks an experienced General Manager to play a leading role in the company, coordinating and contributing to the business development of the company. If you believe that you fit the requirements below, send your motivation letter, CV and 3 contactable referees to email@example.com on or before the closing date of Friday 21 August 2019 CoB. Please specify the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
As a General Manager, you will support the CEO in providing strategic guidance to company team. You will also ensure compliance to HACCP and organizational rules and requirements as well as timely implementation of projects. As an ideal candidate, you will have to be an excellent leader with proven experience in coordinating and managing multiple projects. A candidate with traceable hands on experiences in horticulture farming will have an added advantage. You will have demonstrable experience working with and managing multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary staff and have the ability to produce results in a timely manner. You will also have to be able to develop efficient strategies and tactics and assist with sustainability of the projects.
Duties and Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Support all project activities in accordance with different guidelines.
• Support CEO and staff design and carry out the needed policy monitoring, research and analysis in their areas of work.
• Develop and implement change management plans.
• Guide and coordinate the development of organisational annual plans and budgets. • Completing required reports in a timely and organized manner.
• Supporting the CEO in maintaining good relations with existing partners and helping develop new relations
• Guide projects operational planning, implementation and monitoring processes
• Provide technical guidance in projects planning and implementation.
• Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to identity risks and opportunities. • Regularly identify opportunities for program and organizational growth.
• Assist with business development to ensure the sustainability of the company.
• Travels to the field to oversee and monitor project activities. Oversees marketing plans and activities for the company.
• Fulfil other duties and responsibilities as may be reasonably assigned by the CEO for the successful achievement of the goals of the organization.
1. Education and Experience
• Graduate degree in Business Administration, Project Management, Marketing, or related field.
• Minimum of 3 years experience working in a business environment.
• Demonstrable experience/interest in horticulture/food processing.
• Strong problem solving and leadership skills.
• Strong people and financial management skills
• Competent in MS Office Suite, in particular Excel and Word.
• Excellent communications skills, both oral and written (excellent report and proposal writing), including public speaking.
• Ability to work flexible hours and travel regularly and at short notice.
• Ability to network for impact.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Demonstrated ability to undertake high-level representation and advocacy.
• Familiarity with HACCP System and Import/Export Laws of Fruits in Southern Africa.
Other key points to note: The position requires a self-motivated, team player who pays close attention to detail and who has the ability to prioritize in a fast-moving environment.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interviews.
If you have not heard from us within two (2) weeks after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.